It Takes a Village!
Our wonderful volunteers are the engine that makes everything work at Spicewood Arts. Every position is essential. Whether only for a few hours occasionally, a few times a month, or an ongoing commitment, every single person makes a difference. Please consider joining a great team of folks. You will be paid with smiles.
Below are some brief descriptions of the volunteer positions available. We will be happy to send you more information.
Just send an email to email@example.com to express your interest.
- Check-in and welcome our guests as they arrive at the Spicewood Vineyard for performances
- Join the Performance Selection Committee
In order for us to bring back the much enjoyed two-day art festival, we continue to look for a leader with the project management skills and passion for fine arts to help us get this going again.
- Assist with setup
- Welcome artists and/or visitors
- Staff hospitality booth
- Assist with publicity-distribute fliers, posters and/or signs, spread the news to friends and neighbors
- Work on the Art Festival Committee: select juried artists, find musicians to perform, plan logistics
- Work with schools to determine needs within their arts programs
- Work with high schools to share the Spicewood Arts scholarship program information and encourage applications
- Assist with the grading of scholarship applications
- Help plan the Art Treks; research and travel to the intended destinations if needed
- Join the Art Treks to help keep the Trek on schedule, serve wine and snacks onboard the bus
- Help with Fundraiser planning: theme, invitations, entertainment, catering, raffles, and schedule scholarship speakers
- Decorate room day of the event
- Check-in and welcome attendees
- Help track donations through check-outs and paddles up
- Help with clean up after the event
Membership and Sponsorship
- Invite new members, renew previous members, and survey member needs
- Create special communications to members and donors
- Help find business sponsors in the community
The board is comprised of people who are passionate about the arts and actively participate in our programs. You need not have work experience with the arts or with nonprofits. Whatever life experience you may have, it is sure to be valuable.
We have three specific Board of Director positions available and hope that you will consider joining our board:
- Vice President, Community Outreach
- Vice President, Giving
- Vice President, Performing, Visual, and Literary Arts
This is a great opportunity to work with some terrific people, give back to the community, get to know musicians, artists, and amazing students, and perhaps pick up some new skills. You will have fun, too!