Spicewood Arts was conceived in March 2000 at a dinner party where three friends discussed how wonderful it would be to have art events in Spicewood. Cindy Jackson, Dianne Frost-Silver, and Madeleine Manigold loved and patronized the performing, visual, and literary arts. It was then and there that they decided to bring the Arts to Spicewood!
The organization was formed with a mission to provide Spicewood the opportunity for people of all ages to experience, enjoy and support the visual, performing, and literary arts. The historic first performance by the Austin Chamber Music Center was held in May 2000 at Spicewood Vineyards. While our overall mission has not changed, our offerings have greatly expanded.
Today, Spicewood Arts…
- Hosts six Spicewood Live concerts representing different genres each season at Spicewood Vineyards’ 250-seat event center.
- Supports Local Artists by featuring a new artist every month on our website, with a link to learn more.
- Hold Spicewood Arts Festival, bringing back the favored juried outdoor art show
- Provides Community Outreach including school performances and educational programs at Spicewood and West Cypress Hills Elementary. Previous events included student art shows, performances by local artists, books for libraries, and bus trips to visual art venues in Austin.
- Awards Scholarships to high school seniors at Lake Travis High School and Marble Falls High School who are pursuing higher education in the arts. Monies raised at our annual Spicewood Arts Gala fund our scholarship recipients, who can apply for scholarships throughout their four years of college.
We hope that you will become part of our story!
Karen Noecker, President
Ruth Adams, Secretary & Treasury Assistant
Rey Ximenes, VP of Performing Arts
Earl Chancellor, Performer refreshments & hospitality
Marc Honey, Texas Commission of the Arts Grants & Selection Committee
Gayl Hubatch & Peter Ziesmann, Spicewood Arts Festival Leads
Toby Kurtz, Scholarship Program
Jessica Manson, Press Releases
Open Position, Gala Chairperson (contact us if interested!)
Jenny Mullinax & Debbie Sherrill, Performance Check-in Desk